The Female Clock
AKA the infradian clock!
Menstruating women experience two biological cycles:
1. THE CIRCADIAN RHYTHM is the 24-hour biological cycle that people of all genders experience.
2. THE INFRADIAN RHYTHM is the 28-day hormonal cycle. When you sync with your cycle, you can help your body accomplish so much, you literally have your natural detoxing and healing system inside of you!
The infradian rhythm, also known as the body’s ‘second clock’, affects six different body systems:
3. Immune system
4. Microbiome (gut)
5. Stress response system
6. Reproductive system
How much of a difference does the infradian rhythm make on these six systems?
* The infradian rhythm creates a 25% change in your brain chemistry over the course of each month.
* Metabolism speeds up and slows down across the infradian rhythm, requiring changes in when and what you eat, and how you work out.
* Cortisol levels go up during certain phases of your infradian cycle, so without proper support you may experience more stress and inflammation.
* Your skin changes throughout the course of your infradian rhythm, meaning you will benefit from different skin care routines and hydrating foods.
The infradian rhythm has four distinct phases:
* Phase 1: Follicular (the 7 to 10 days after your period)
* Phase 2: Ovulatory (the to 4 days in the middle of your cycle)
* Phase 3: Luteal (the 10 to 14 days between ovulation and your period)
* Phase 4: Menstrual (the 3 to 7 days of your period)
When we got our period, THIS is what we should of learnt! Imagine if we knew about this from the very beginning, the many issues and pain that could have been avoided. But its NEVER too late, time to align with this clock!